There’s a big day of racing at Haydock on Saturday and you don’t want to miss this Betfair Exchange money back offer! Place a bet of up to £10.00 on the 14:25 Haydock and if your horse fails to finish 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th, Betfair will refund your stake as a free bet. Translated into matched betting terms, this gives us a potential profit of £7.04 and here’s how…
- Applies to our first cash bet on the 14:25 Haydock.
- Applies to bets placed from 12:00 on Thursday 18th November 2021.
- Applies to bets up to the value of £10.00 (£10.00 win or £5.00 each way).
- Money back as a free bet if our horse fails to finish 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th.
- Applies to back bets only, lay bets do not qualify.
- Betfair Rewards ‘Basic’ customers are excluded from this promotion.
If you’d like more information about qualifying bets and how they work, please see my qualifying bets guide.
It’s entirely up to you which horse you go for, but it would make sense to select a horse with fairly long odds in the hope it won’t finish 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th.
At the time of writing, Dans Le Vent is available at back odds of 14.50 and lay odds of 15.00.
We can calculate our lay stakes using my Matched Betting Calculator…
As you can see, the calculator tells us that our lay stake should be £9.23…
Place £10.00 on Dans Le Vent @ 14.50 = Potential profit of £128.25
Lay £9.23 on Dans Le Vent @ 15.00 = Potential liability of £129.22
Let’s have a look at our potential profit/loss for the possible outcomes…
So, we’ll make a nice profit of £7.04 if Dans Le Vent fails to finish 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th or we’ll lose a maximum of £0.97 on any other outcome. Risking £0.97 to make a profit of £7.04 gives us effective odds of 8.26, which I’m sure you’ll agree, makes this a profitable offer in the long run.
If eligible, free bets will be credited within 24 hours and will be valid on any horse racing market for 7 days.
If you’re unsure how to convert your £10.00 free bet into £8.00 cash (80%), please see my free bets guide for a walkthrough of how it should be done.
* Dan Le Vent won the race, resulting in a £0.97 loss on this Betfair Exchange offer. *