There’s a big day of racing at Sandown on Sunday and it’s time for another Sky Bet money back offer! If our horse finishes 2nd or 3rd in the 15:55 Sandown, Sky Bet will refund our stake as cash, up to a maximum of £10.00. Translated into matched betting terms, this gives us a potential profit of £9.04 and here’s how…
- Applies to our first bet on the 15:55 Sandown.
- Applies to bets placed between 11:00 on Friday 20th August 2021 and 15:55 Sandown (race-off) on Sunday 22nd August 2021.
- If fewer than six runners come under starters orders, Sky Bet may withdraw the offer.
- If our horse finishes 2nd or 3rd, Sky Bet will refund our stake as cash, up to £10.00.
If you’d like more information about qualifying bets and how they work, please see my qualifying bets guide.
It’s entirely up to you which horse you go for, but it would make sense to select a horse with fairly short odds in the hope of a 2nd or 3rd place finish.
At the time of writing, the back and lay odds aren’t quite tight enough. King Of Conquest is favourite to win the race at back odds of 2.75 (7/4). I’ll use lay odds of 3.00 to illustrate how this offer works and I’ll update the bottom of this post with a genuine selection after the race.
We can calculate our lay stake using my Matched Betting Calculator…
As you can see, the calculator tells us that our lay stake should be £9.23…
Place £10.00 on King Of Conquest @ 2.75 = Potential profit of £17.50
Lay £9.23 on King Of Conquest @ 3.00 = Potential liability of £18.46
Let’s have a look at our potential profit/loss for the possible outcomes…
So, we’ll make a nice profit of £9.04 if King Of Conquest finishes 2nd or 3rd or we’ll lose £0.96 on any other outcome. Risking £0.96 to make a potential profit of £9.04 gives us effective odds of 10.42, which I’m sure you’ll agree, makes this a profitable offer in the long run.
If eligible, cash refunds will be credited within 72 hours of the race finishing.
* King Of Conquest was available at back odds of 2.50 and lay odds of 3.00. King Of Conquest won the race, resulting in a loss of £1.78 on this Sky Bet offer. *