There’s a big day of racing at Newmarket on Saturday and it’s time for another Sky Bet money back offer! If our horse finishes 2nd or 3rd in the 13:45 Newmarket, Sky Bet will refund our stake as cash up to a maximum of £10.00. Translated into matched betting terms, this gives us a potential profit of £9.05 and here’s how…
- Applies to our first bet on the 13:45 Newmarket.
- Applies to bets placed between 11:00 on Thursday 7th October 2021 and 13:45 (race-off) on Saturday 9th October 2021.
- If fewer than six runners come under starters orders, Sky Bet may withdraw the offer.
- If our horse finishes 2nd or 3rd, Sky Bet will refund our stake as cash up to £10.00.
If you’d like more information about qualifying bets and how they work, please see my qualifying bets guide.
It’s entirely up to you which horse you go for, but it would make sense to select a horse with fairly short odds in the hope of a 2nd or 3rd place finish.
At the time of writing, Hafit is available at back odds of 2.625 (13/8) and lay odds of 2.86.
We can calculate our lay stake using my Matched Betting Calculator…
As you can see, the calculator tells us that our lay stake should be £9.24…
Place £10.00 on Hafit @ 2.625 = Potential profit of £16.25
Lay £9.24 on Hafit @ 2.86 = Potential liability of £17.18
Let’s have a look at our potential profit/loss for the possible outcomes…
So, we’ll make a nice profit of £9.05 if Hafit finishes 2nd or 3rd or we’ll lose a maximum of £0.95 on any other outcome. Risking £0.95 to make a potential profit of £9.05 gives us effective odds of 10.53, which I’m sure you’ll agree makes this a profitable offer in the long run.
If eligible, cash refunds will be credited within 72 hours of the race finishing.
* Hafit finished 3rd, resulting in a profit of £9.05 on this Sky Bet offer. *